Outline Designer 1.2 was published yesterday with a long list of improvements including a security patch. The release announcement has the full list of changes (http://drupal.org/node/954666) but here are the highlights:
- Much wider cross-theme and cross-browser support. It should work completely independent of theme and work in all browsers newer then IE 6.
- A new checkbox in the Usability settings page for "Collapse by default". This will render book structures collapsed on initial load (per the features added in 1.1). This can make things easier to work with as well as decrease initial load time since much of the DOM is hidden.
- Integration with Organic Groups via a helper module! Now group admins can work with book outlines specific to their group. This exposes the outline designer interface to people without needing to give them admin permissions. (thanks @kylemathews)
- Usability clean up with better settings pages and a new icon pack.
- General bug fixes and improvements under the hood with regard to performance, permission checks, coding conventions, tighter clean URL support, and an uninstall script.
Thanks to everyone that's contributed to the outline designer issue queue as a lot of errors and functionality was added because of your efforts. Outline Designer 1.2 has also been included as part of the EduGlu distribution (http://eduglu.com/) so make sure to check that out as well!